Wednesday, March 28, 2012

In Hot Pursuit

Father it is difficult to focus right now. Wanting to press in to you.  Wanting to listen to you.  Needing to hear your voice, understand, comprehend your ways, your mysterious movement, your captivating love.  There is none other than you, none like you.  You are holy.  I hide in your sacred heart, the fire of your love, the holiness of your presence.  I need you every hour. I need you.  More than ever. Let me see you.  A glimpse just a glimpse of your face is my deepest desire and hope in each and every moment.  You are my treasure.  You are not only my lord, my king, my savior....you are my treasure.  Your saving love is a gift that never ends.  I passionately want you, need you, long for you every moment I take breath into my lungs.  You are my breath, my life, my satisfaction.  I desire no earthly thing. Only you.  Only you.  Only you. Make the light of thy countenance to shine upon me.  My soul is satisfied in you.  You have rescued me...over and over and over again. You have been my strong tower, my mighty fortress. I look to your love, your beauty, your majesty, your magnificence, your unfailing devotion to me through the love and blood spilled sacrifice of your son, Jesus. I have done nothing and do not deserve such love and such revelation of glory.  How despicable and wretched I am to ever desire glory that belongs only to you. I am continually satisfied by one thing...that I lack seeing you, knowing you, and experiencing you, therefore; I am always passionately pursuing you with every fiber of my being.  My soul on fire is satisfied only when it is in hot pursuit of the living God.  Father I love you and I want to follow you, obey you and live sacrificially for you. If that means becoming more uncomfortably public and becoming more undignified in living for you then show me what you desire and give me the courage to act. I know that the actions may not "feel" very "spiritual" after the fact and I could be left feeling abandoned even embarrassed but the risk should be worth it because isn't that what Jesus suffered? Abandonment?  I press in to know you, the power of your resurrection and the fellowship if your sufferings, becoming like you in death...that I might truly live...in dying (for you) there is the fullness of life. And you came that I might have life, life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment