Monday, November 1, 2010

Jerusalem


"I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband."

Hold Jerusalem close. Deep in your heart. Guard her. Protect her. She is our delight. She is our home...our eternal destiny...our holy city...our sacred delight! Keep watch through the night for her...give yourself to her safety...clothe yourself with intercession for her...our warfare determines her destiny...

“If I forget you, O Jerusalem, may my right hand forget its skill.”

May we never forget her. In our wealth, may we never forget her, in our poverty, may we never forget her, in our pleasure, may we never forget her, in our pain, may we never forget her, in our hour of triumph may we never forget her and in the hour of persecution may we NEVER forget her.

"By the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept when we remembered Zion.  Upon the willows in the midst of it, we hung our harps."

Praise God this will never happen again! Never again will Jerusalem be left desolate with her children captive in a foreign land. She is now in our hearts....and that cannot be taken from us! Praise God our harps will never again be laid down and our songs of praise will never again be silenced!

 "Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ"

O Jerusalem...precious bride of the one, true, living God! You are beautiful on the mountains! A city on a hill...a glorious city...I can see you! In all your splendor...the splendor of the King...the beauty of his holiness. Adorned for the Groom! There is none like you, for you are truly filled with the Mighty One!

Oh holy and spotless, blameless Bride of Christ covered by the blood of your Groom...do you realize how loved and how coveted you are? Name the price! Name the price!  A groom's father might have said to a prospective father of a bride...

Name your price satan! Fallen one, deceiver, accuser, father of lies, prince of darkness...name your price for that which you have stolen!!!

Fine!!!  I will name it!!!  I will pay....

I will send my son...Like a sheep led to slaughter...

I will buy her back...She is my beloved...I will rescue her...

Maybe she will love me...

What could we possibly hold dearer in our hearts than our Jerusalem? Our sacred delight! Should anything grip our hearts more constant than the in-gathering of her citizens? May her thoughts never leave my mind, Lord. May her name never leave my lips. May her welfare never leave my heart. May her soul consume mine and may her labor be mine. O Jerusalem... My Father's beloved...my breath is consumed with intercession for you...I arise at dawn fixed on your every need...I lay down to sleep with your hope as my desire...when I lie down I ache for you. I search for you...I dream dreams concerning you...

O Jerusalem...I love when you gather to see the King! I long for the day you'll gather to see him face to face...I am captivated by your zeal for him...I am captivated with zeal for you...when you gather...I love you...when you worship, it's contagious...powerful...when you gather, the dark things disappear, the blemishes, the stains...I only see Him, his marvelous light!...and my heart burns with love for you...you are his treasure...and I treasure you the same...

“Comfort, O comfort My people,” says your God.  “Speak kindly to Jerusalem; And call out to her, that her warfare has ended,  That her iniquity has been removed,  That she has received of the Lord ’s  hand double for all her sins.” Isaiah 40

O Jerusalem, answer the call to warfare! Soon comfort will come...great...great comfort...great reward awaits you...eternal pleasures from his hand...don't give up...just a while longer...my eyes have seen a great thing...it is very soon...give yourselves fully to him...set yourselves fully on the hope you've received...set your affections on him, not on temporal things, they will soon be totally forgotten...give every moment to your eternal inheritance in Christ, your hope of glory!!!

O Jerusalem, tonight I dine with your warfare...wrestle with your enemies...intercede for your destiny.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about how important that church must be makes it a mandate in my heart to vote. How better to show where we belong than to exercise our God given right on behalf of His Bride.

    ReplyDelete