Saturday, October 23, 2010

Inwardly Groaning Eagerly Expecting

10/23/10
If we have an enemy that wages war 24/7 does it not make sense for us to do the same?

Such a struggle walking interwoven with light and darkness, the spirit and the flesh, the natural and the supernatural, the mundane and the divine. We really all do inwardly groan with all creation eagerly expecting the manifestation of the sons of God....agonizing to be set free from this fallen world...another reason to pray without ceasing...blessed be His name he has caused us to walk upon the heights like "hinds feet in high places". "Not by might nor by power but by His Spirit!"

...deep in the prayer chamber...

God you are truly marvelous. Thank you for granting me assistance in prayer today. Thank you for captivating my heart for you today and "sitting down and dwelling with me" (psalm 22:3 kjv) as I worship you. Holy are you Lord! I worship you! In the hour of plenty I worship you. In the furnace of affliction my soul cleaves to you, to your embrace! I cleave to your altar and my affections are set on You, Lord Christ. May the sufferings of this life be used as a weapon to slay my enemies...the things of this world that my flesh calls friend..."though He slay me, yet shall I live".

My soul desires only to please you, to serve you, to know you, Jesus. O how I love you my Lord, my God, my King. You are my Holiness, my sweet delight.  As this world corrodes and is corrupted more and more each day, my eyes are fixed on thee, fixed on you as I  gaze upon your sweet eternal majesty. "in thy perfect beauty, I adore thee. In thy boundless power I adore thee".

We behold...and it is marvelous in our eyes!

What splendor!

Can you see Him?!?!?

Consume my heart with the same fire that Jesus walked in and consumed His heart and drove him to His wounds...that drove him to crucifixion.

Oh the mystery of sharing in His sufferings. What a gift to somehow mysteriously know Him through this constant encounter. Eagerly we await you Lord, inwardly we groan.

Sister and brother in law are here. How good it is to have family who truly love and serve the Lord. Such encouragement and strength.

How good it is to be in real fellowship. Something "mystical" about it. Powerful and delivering just to be in the presence of other believers. Sometimes I have found this to be the only thing to deliver me from the stress of life and the warfare of the enemy. Isn't that amazing? When prayer, word, or worship do not bring deliverance, go and dwell with your brothers in unity. Amazing how the enemy flees and the mind and heart are refreshed.

As we press in to Him we should make every effort to press in to each other. We should make every effort to knit our hearts together intimately with Him and intimately with one another.
How we desperately need to link arms as the battle rages! So pathetic how we divide over such trivial matters and petty offenses. Lord unite us. Lord help make us the city on a hill. Burning bright with your divine and holy love...divine and holy fire.

Woke up 1st thing this a.m. praying for the souls of unregenerate men. Those lost and dying, without hope, without God and in danger of losing Him forever. Prayed that God would pour out upon and so drench them with his Holy Spirit that their eyes would be opened, their minds would be enlightened and their hearts would be softened to come to the true saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior! Prayed for revival in the church and a great end time harvest of souls in the earth. "snatch them from the fire" as the world grows darker may we grow brighter and let all men be drawn to His name.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! - Carol
    I know your AZ time will be blessed. I am so thankful that God chose you. You are my fav!

    ReplyDelete