Thursday, October 21, 2010

Prayer Journal - Random and Unedited

October 21, 2010

In the midst of much warfare, strife and stress thru the night. God mysteriously, quite supernaturally welled up in my "belly" with power and said he would take care of me and it would be in an extraordinary way. Words cannot describe how he moved within me! Comfort came and I was reassured I had nothing to worry about.
Then mid morning He had me open my Imitation of Christ book by Kempis. It asked why are you so troubled, because things don't happen as you think they ought? The man with the favor of God is the man who gladly suffers for him.

Give no heed to worldly pleasures but rather eternal ones. It has been appointed unto us who believe to suffer much. Thessalonians. How much more for those who strive after the spirit.
It was as though the words leaped off the page and he was speaking directly to me. How great thou art. To consider the lowliest of men so much as to impart His spirit and life and wisdom to him. I love his word! Like fresh baked bread from the oven...for the spirit.

"A strong and faithful lover of God stands unshaken in all adversities, and gives little heed to the deceitful persuasions of the enemy."  Kempis

Though there has been great affliction, darkness and even sense of failure (maybe even sense of failing God) thru worldly attempts (which unfortunately desire to consume so much of your life and who u are) I have to stop and look at the extraordinary victory that has been granted to me...Annaliese on her own accord starting a neighborhood bible study at 10 yrs old. Justus consumed with the Holy Spirit at 8 yrs old last week prayed and read the word ALL day and felt called to preach and is now going to be baptized. Deep in the Spirit some 1-2 yrs ago I was up late praying and had a vision of great joy in my home because all who dwelt there were wholeheartedly serving the Lord...the whole family in ministry. I watched us coming and going filled with joy as our entire family was being used to advance his kingdom.

Must remember I am in constant battle and the battleground is the MIND!!!  Satan illegally has control of the world and he is seeking whom he may devour....never at rest...for his time is short.

Continual victory over the world flesh and devil is possible...we can master it... If we use the tools he gave us. Word, prayer, worship, prayer books, fellowship, journals.

Many are the plans of a man's heart but the Lord directs his steps.

What is important? Great success in the world...or success in mastering ourselves through the power of the Holy Spirit and living a sacred life wholly devoted to him? He has called me out of this world though I still live in this world I have been born from above and grafted in to the kingdom of priests unto our God. Thank you Lord for the greatness of your glory that you have revealed unto me. Thank you Lord that it has been granted unto me to know the secrets of the mysteries of the kingdom of God.

Kempis says when you are granted the grace of devotion stay humble and don't speak much of it. Blessed is the man that maintains prayer and study and other spiritual disciplines in the dry times. Blessed is the man who maintains his faith unshaken through the times when there is no fervor.

What great faith when you remain steadfast and unshaken when God's hand strikes you in your weakest areas and his hand of affliction is heaviest upon you. When you learn not to compare yourself to others and remain in his word and revelation truth for your life.

Do not compare yourself to others. If you pray for his affliction in order to shape you then expect him to work where you are most vulnerable.

What a glorious day this has been! Started the day consumed with all sorts of inner strife and warfare. Pulled through and was able to spend most of the day in what my dearest hero of the faith, David Brainard, calls secret prayer and secret duties of intercession. Oh that we would strive at all times with every ounce of strength to discover Him in the secret place! We have the once in eternity opportunity to see him and know him in the beauty of his majesty through the eyes of FAITH. Today I have truly tasted and seen that the Lord is indeed....good.

Sean

3 comments:

  1. Awesome WISDOM, Sean.........for such a young man. I'm sooooo proud of you as you walk in faith. Annaliese and Justus are very much the result of your and Carol's spiritual walk. Praise God from whom ALL blessings FLOW!!!!
    Aunt Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....only way I can post says "Ben said...", but it's really me. haha
    Aunt Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean--thank you for posting on your blog! Please continue! God is using your life, your words, your heart in a mighty way!!

    ReplyDelete